The Final Version is released 😀
I’m pleased to announce that WooCommerce Builder 2.0 Beta 1 is available, you can download it now by going to this page if you are already a client. The downloaded file is called Wc-Builder-2.0-beta.3.zip, unzip it, it contains a free category layout and the plugin itself under a folder named “The plugin zip”.
What’s new in 2.0?
1- Changing the plugin name from WC Product Builder to WooCommerce Builder.
For a year, I’ve been receiving emails almost every day asking to include the ability to customize product categories, tags, cart … and other WooCommerce pages. The plugin was built in the first place to customize product pages in the best and easiest way possible, I wanted to give you guys all the features you want, I thought of building a separate plugin but why use two plugins when you can use one! 🙂
From now on, I’m adding support to customize everything related to WooCommerce front-end pages. Starting with version 2.0, you get a great archive builder to build stunning product categories and tags using the power of Divi builder.
When the final version is ready, I’ll email all clients with a direct download link and the new license key.
2- Archive Builder.
Now, you can build custom layouts for product categories and tags. You can build a default layout to be used for all categories and another layout for all tags. If you want to build a custom layout for a specific category or tag, you can do that too very easily.
3- Visual Builder Support.
Using the visual builder is the best thing about Divi builder in my opinion and today after a long waiting, all product and archive modules support the visual builder.
4- Build layouts for products based on their categories.
Let’s say you have tons of products and categories and it’s impossible to build a custom layout for every single product of them, what can you do?
Now, you can build custom layouts for products based on their categories, meaning, products under category #1 will use the layout #1 and products under category #2 will use layout #2 and so on.
5- Use the product description area to build your entire product page.
Unlike WordPress built-in pages, you can’t use the content area on product editing pages to build the product page. This is simply because WooCommerce uses this area to add the product description.
Today, you can use the description area/builder to build the entire product page just like pages and this is completely optional.
How To Use?
1- If you have the WC Product builder, deactivate it.
2- Download the plugin from here ( You must be signed in ).
3- Upload the plugin, go to admin dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload -> Activate.
4- After activating the plugin, a new menu item “Wc Builder” will be added to your dashboard main menu with a submenu of three items, General, Archive Builder
You have two main options:
– The general default layout which will be applied to all of your products.
– Products Under Specific Categories, here you will see a list of all product categories, by default each category products will use the general default layout but you can change that based on the category.
You have two main options:
– The default layout for categories, this layout will be used for all your categories.
-The default layout for tags, this layout will be used for all your tags.
Build Categories & Tags Layouts.
Click the button below to preview a live demo of a beautiful category layout built with this version. This layout is included in the beta folder you downloaded from the link above. To use it, add a new archive layout and import it in the builder.
On the archive builder, you’ll have access to all Divi built-in modules plus 5 extra modules:
– Woo Breadcrumb, this module to display the page breadcrumb and you can also use it on product pages.
– Woo Category Cover, this module outputs the category title, description and image as a background.
You can set the category image by going to Products -> Categories -> Select the category -> Thumbnail.
Uner the module settings, you can set a default background image to be used if the category has no image.
– Woo Page Title, This module displays the page title, in this case, the category or the tag.
– Woo Archive Description, This module displays the archive ( category/tag ) description.
– Woo Archive Products, This module outputs the products of the current category or tag, it works in a similar way like Divi built-in Shop module but it is dynamic, meaning, it displays products from the current archive.
This module has a very cool feature where you can display products list in a classic blog fashion and more display types will be added in future updates like masonry, tables …
Build The Product Layout.
– Use the Description Builder: selecting this option will make the description builder/editor acts as the product builder just like normal pages.
With this option, you will be able to use the visual builder to build stunning product layouts.
– Select a Layout: this is the default option, you can select a saved layout from Divi Library to be used for this product.
Using this option will keep the description builder/editor as it is.
Send Me Your Feedbacks
If you found any bugs, please contact me now, try to explain the issue as best as you can, give steps to reproduce.