The Woo Categories plugin adds an advanced categories module to the Divi builder. With the Woo Categories module, you will be able to display the product categories on any page with a few clicks.
The module has many customization options, which will make it a unique addition to your WooCommerce store.
The Woo Categories module is 100% compatible with the visual builder and the theme builder templates.
PS: for the plugin to work, you need to have Divi theme and WooCommerce installed. You can also use the Divi Builder plugin or Extra theme.
If you don’t have Divi, you can get it from here.
Install the plugin
- After you purchase hte plugin, we will send you 2 emails, one of them will contain the plugin zip file and the license key.
- Go to your admin dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- When you activate the plugin, a box will open asking for the license key, just add the one that arrived to your inbox.
- The module will appear in the modules list in Divi builder.
Now, let’s explore the module’s options…
Add a custom title above the categories. The title will only be displayed if there are any categories. If no categories exist, the title will not be displayed.
Which Categories to Display
Select which categories to display. The available options are:
- All categories.
- Specific categories: when you select this, you will get a list of all categories to choose from.
- Subcategories of the current category: this is really useful if you use it in the categories template in the theme builder. The module will display the subcategories of the currently viewed category dynamically.
Choose how many columns to display. You have the option to select from 1 column to 6 columns.
Select how you want to order the categories. The available options are:
- Category Name
- Category ID
- Category Slug
- Menu Order
States whether the category order is ascending or descending.
Hide categories that have no products.
Show top-level categories only.
Show Category Image
Show/hide the category image. This image is set for each category individually.
Tip: To add the images, go to your admin dashboard > Products > Categories > Click on the category name > Thumbnail.
Show Products Count
Next to the name of the category, show or hide the number of products under this category.
Show Category Description
Show the category description under the title.
View Products Button
Add a button that takes the user to the category page.
View products button text.
Now, let’s look at the design tab of the module.
The module has all Divi’s regular design options like sizing, padding, margin, animation, filters, conditions, and so on.
Also, you have full control of the design of text like the category title, description, view products button…
Below are the extra options for our module.
Category Image Position
Select the category image position. You have options:
- Background: here, the category image will be used as a background for the category.
Set a background color for the products count.
Set a background color for individual categories.
Add space inside each category.